by Jessica Delaney, Principal, Engagement + Communications
So, we are in the home stretch of 2019. For me, it hasn’t been the best year. I mean let’s not skip over that I live in a wonderful country, with a loving family and have very few wants, I want for nothing of substance, but it hasn’t been easy. I started 2019 in the hospital, I felt like I was playing catch-up all year and being a working mom with little people is a struggle that is only even possible because of my amazing husband. So putting all that into context, I am keen for 2020. I am also a list making, a planner, a resolution maker. So imagine my surprise when I realized that we are less than 90 days away from December 31st.
I have given myself a challenge and I would like to throw it out to all of you. What if you make a plan for the last 90 days of 2019 to be your best days of 2019? What if you set specific goals and a plan to get there by December 2019?
Here are a few for your consideration.
- Try one new engagement technique
- Close the loop in a new way with a stakeholder group
- Build out your learning priorities for 2020 now and sign up for a course or workshop (http://www.rmdelaney.com/training/)
- Build learning into your daily schedule – a podcast during the commute or follow a new blog
- Start your learning journal and tracking engagement experience you have so that you can apply to be a CP3 with IAP2 Canada
Here’s to a great last 90 days of 2019!