Our Specialties: Federal Government
Our company history began in 1996 with the federal government. Our first clients were some of the larger federal departments – Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Environment Canada, Natural Resources Canada and Health Canada. We have been supporting federal departments and agencies ever since with engagement and capacity-building initiatives.
Our background and expertise is that of public servants and public administrators. We understand the complex environment of the federal government. We are guided by strategy – designing and convening meaningful, results-driven engagements to support decision making at the national level.
Now more than ever before, Canadians expect to be engaged on the big challenges facing our country. We bring our neutrality, engagement expertise, policy and regulatory backgrounds, and proprietary engagement tools to the table, as our clients work with their communities and stakeholders to find durable solutions to these challenges. We have worked on numerous engagement projects for federal clients – at the headquarter level and at the regional level across the country.
What does this type of work look like?
Some of our recent projects include:
- Designing and implementing an engagement plan to support the development of a national honour awards program for first responders (our heroes)
- Designing and implementing an engagement plan to support the development of options for a building of national significance in the National Capital Region
- Leading a major consultation that resulted in a Memorandum of Agreement with over 100 First Nations, numerous stakeholders and a federal department for a fishery of national significance
- Developing departmental engagement policies, procedures, guides and tools and delivering customized engagement training to support capacity building at the federal level
- Developing a regional consultation framework and facilitating engagements to establish a sustainable regional approach to ongoing engagements
- Working with over 100 external geospatial mapping stakeholders to support program transformation to a private-sector entity
- Developing the engagement and communications strategy for a $7 billion, multi-year environmental restoration program