- Participate in a learner-focused, updated and practitioner-reviewed training program that sets the standard for planning effective public participation.
- Learn how and why to use state-of-the art public participation processes, tools and techniques.
- Receive an internationally recognized certificate that can lead to professional certification in public participation.
- Learn from our experienced and talented trainers. They pride themselves on creating a dynamic and positive learning environment, in which to share their 30+ years of P2 experience and draw upon the broad experience of the group.
- Start your learner’s journey even before the course begins. We use web-based tools prior to a course to share readings, begin conversations and confirm learning objectives.
- Our alumni of 2000+ form our online community of practice. We provide follow-up coaching also, as part of our commitment to build P2 capacity in Canada.
The IAP2 Federation completed updating the former Certificate training program in Public Participation in mid-2014. As of July 1, 2014 the updated training is called the Foundations in Effective Public Participation program.
This flagship program of the IAP2 Federation builds on the previous material. It is internationally known and recognised and the only international program of its kind, delivering a consistent model of public participation in each and every country where the training is conducted.
The training is delivered in many parts of the globe including the USA, Australia, Botswana, Canada, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, the UK and France. The updated program builds on the solid foundations of the Certificate program and responds to our participant evaluations as well as changes in the practice of public participation and community engagement around the world.
It is not an entirely new replacement for the Certificate program; it is an updated and thoroughly revised version. Much of the rich foundational material from the Certificate program is included in the Foundations in Effective Public Participation program. These core elements are supported by new material to further enhance this program and keep it relevant, both around the globe and within local contexts.
No. Participants receive a certificate of completion for each module – Planning for Effective Public Participation and Techniques for Effective Public Participation – and a summary certificate for completing both.
Completion of the Foundations in Public Participation program, however, is a step in becoming a Certified Public Participation Professional.
IAP2 Federation members, led by IAP2 USA with active participation from IAP2 Canada and IAP2 Southern Africa, have been working on the certification process for over two years. A pilot professional certification program was held in September 11-12, 2015, in Portland Oregon. The application process will open soon for the IAP2 Canada Certification Assessment Center.
Please check www.iap2canada.ca for up-to-date information about certification in Canada.
No. You may take the Planning and Techniques modules separately if you wish; however, the three-day Planning module is a prerequisite for Techniques, so Planning must be completed first.
This really depends on you:
- Your workload and availability to be out of the office for five days
- Your learning preferences: Would you rather learn everything at once, or have the opportunity to take a break in between and reflect before moving on?
- Financial considerations: Those who take the full five-day program at one time receive a 5% discount
- Access to our pre-course virtual classroom
- All course materials, including IAP2 training manuals and all classroom supplies
- Certificates of completion
- Up to two hours of complementary coaching after the course
- Membership in our +2000-member community of practice
Yes. We are committed to building the practice of engagement in Canada. Discounts are offered for early-bird registration, enrollment in the full five-day Foundations program, and for three or more participants from one organization. Please see the registration form for more info. Follow Delaney + Associates on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to stay up-to-date on special discount offers. Special funding requests from students and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) will also be considered.
We accept payment by Visa or Mastercard. If your organization would prefer to receive an invoice, however, please let us know. In all circumstances, a valid Visa or Mastercard number is required to hold a place in the course.
20 Years of Engagement Excellence… Helping governments, business and NGOs build relationships with their stakeholders since 1996.