During Normal Times…
by Jessica Delaney, Principal, Engagement + Communications
If we were not in the COVID-19 period and life were “normal”, I would be flying out early this morning for Vancouver and working this weekend at a number of different events: a corporate retreat, open house and stakeholder meetings. This weekend planned during “normal” times was always going to be pretty crazy. Instead, I have a few calls with clients, am working on a proposal and will be developing content for a new Delaney course (stay tuned). I am planning on little or no work on the weekend, especially if it’s nice out. My weird COVID-19 time feels much more “normal” than the crazy normal I had planned. So, with that, here are a few ideas that might capture your interest as a P2 practitioner in building your new normal in the weeks and months ahead.
- Consider taking an online course to dive a little deeper into an area you’ve been interested in for a while, but haven’t had time.
- Curate a few key podcasts that you think you’ll enjoy. I particularly enjoy: The Good Life Project, Happier, Super women and the School of Greatness.
- Take look at the tools and templates that would make your professional life easier. We are rolling out our new brand and working on PowerPoint Templates, word templates, and tools to help simplify the work we regularly do (pre-engagement interviews, communications and engagement plans).
- Take a look at the thought leaders who are posting on social and follow/like them.
- Manage your subscription to newsletters (find great ones, lose ones that are digital clutter)
- Explore all the online engagement platforms (from PlaceSpeak, to Bang the Table, to Ethelo and MetroQuest). There are loads of free demos and learning opportunities with all of these.
Doing all these things and more is possible, if we are healthy. It’s the most important thing. We are spending our energy on that first, and all of these ideas second. Wishing you a happy and healthy weekend.