We are Hiring: Engagement and Communications Specialist Job Posting
Engagement and Communications Specialist
Location: Vancouver Office – Delaney and Associates Inc.
The role of the engagement and communications specialist is to help clients articulate and address their engagement needs, at both the project and program levels. Skilled in listening, collecting and analysing information, and written and verbal communications, the specialist will design and help to implement engagement and communications plans. These help clients manage controversial decisions in ways that reduce transaction costs and time, in the near term, and build trust-based relationships, over the long term.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities: Reporting to the Vancouver Principal, Strategic Communications and Engagement, the specialist will:
- Meet with clients to conduct engagement and communications needs analysis.
- Develop and help to implement engagement plans.
- Plan, coordinate, facilitate and report on engagement events.
- Develop and support communications plans for engagement initiatives.
- Support Delaney and Associates online presence, including social media activity.
- Identify opportunities for enhancement to the corporate Communications and Marketing Plan, including mid- and end-year reviews.
Regional Focus: Significant travel outside the Lower Mainland is not anticipated. Travel is anticipated to be within Canada.
Skills and Attributes:
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Ability and desire to work independently
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion at all times
- Sophisticated interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of ethics and moral judgment, in order to apply the IAP2 Values and IAF Ethics
- Creative thinking and innovative problem solving
- High level of online/social media knowledge and skill
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to add value to a dynamic team environment
- Stakeholder and community engagement experience is most desirable. Client relations experience is a good substitute in the absence of the former.
- Project management experience is very desirable.
- Reporting and writing experience is an advantage, allowing the specialist to launch quickly into responsibilities.
- Communications, marketing and public relations experience is an asset.
We offer very competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and vacation entitlement. A non-disclosure agreement forms part of the employment contract, due to client confidentiality.
Please send your information by October 28, 2015 to: Jessica Delaney at Jessica@rmdelaney.com