Our Top 5 Highlights for HealthAchieve 2015
It’s an exciting time of year for us at Delaney + Associates – we’re busy preparing for HealthAchieve, one of North America’s largest and most respected health care events. We’ll be participating in the conference and exhibition in Toronto, Monday through Wednesday, November 2 to 4.
This will be our third year at HealthAchieve, and we’ve come to expect a dynamic, vibrant event full of presenters, delegates and exhibitors who are incredibly committed to their work in the health sector. It’s a jam-packed two days with more than 50 educational sessions, plus a huge trade show filled with innovative, inspiring exhibitors. The trade show is open Monday (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) and Tuesday (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.).
With engagement in mind, here are our top five highlights that are not-to-be-missed at HealthAchieve 2015:
1. Educational session on patient and family engagement – Wednesday (Nov. 4) at 7:45 a.m. This session will be a great opportunity to meet with engagement staff from health organizations across Ontario and discuss everything from recruitment and promising approaches, to challenges and opportunities. We think the facilitated round-table format will be great for networking, hearing about others’ experiences and creating some connections for future support.
2. Educational session on communications and building trust – Monday (Nov. 2) at 3:30 p.m. Effective, genuine communication is one of the cornerstones of engagement. This panel discussion is about strategies for building and maintaining trust during times of change and challenging situations. The session also includes a Q&A, and is directly followed by the HealthAchieve opening reception – which, of course, is another must-attend event.
3. Booth 707, Delaney + Associates – Monday and Tuesday (Nov. 2 and 3) If you’re interested in engagement, involved in engagement work or would simply like to know more about it, you can’t miss our D+A booth at the conference trade show. We’ll be focusing on engagement in a health care setting, so come by to find out more about success stories, lessons learned, and research that shows how engagement leads to better health outcomes. Plus, we’ve got lots of fun stuff planned: prizes, vision boards, special “engagement rings” and more. Oh, and don’t forget to ask us about our International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) training programs and trade show special!
4. Leadership Luncheon – Tuesday (Nov. 3) at 11:30 a.m. This session is always a HealthAchieve highlight. This year’s keynote speaker is Robert Ghiz, former Premier of Prince Edward Island. Having just stepped down earlier this year after 12 years in office, Mr. Ghiz is at least partially known for his achievements in health care. We expect to hear some great insights from Mr. Ghiz about the changing health care landscape and the future of health care in Canada.
5. HealthAchieve Exhibition – Monday and Tuesday (Nov. 2 and 3) Every year at HealthAchieve, we’re blown away and so inspired by the people we meet and the innovations we learn about on the trade show floor. With everything from the latest health care technology and safety equipment, to hospital food service providers and non-profit organizations, there’s an amazing range of exhibitors and participants to discover. It’s incredibly motivating to connect with the amazing, dedicated people who work in Ontario’s health care sector. You can’t help but feel the buzz on the trade show floor!