Facilitating Engagement Plans Virtual Academy
Fall dates coming soon!
This course is one of our most popular workshops, especially with our iap2 Foundations participants. Participants take this training to further their facilitation skills – notably to facilitate their sophisticated engagement designs.
Fall 2021 dates coming soon.
Facilitating Engagement Plans is a very interactive, skill-building opportunity that helps P2 practitioners build and strengthen their facilitation skills, in order to ensure effective community and stakeholder engagements.
We are pleased to offer the online Facilitating Engagement Plans course in the following format:
Express Academy – 12 hours completed over four consecutive days (Monday – Thursday)
- A three-hour trainer-led session Monday to Thursday, for one week
- Self-directed online assignments in between sessions
- 9:30a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Pacific Time; 12:30p.m. – 3:30p.m. Eastern Time (a break is provided)
This Virtual Academy includes a one-hour mandatory technology orientation session before the workshop start date.
Why is the course important?
Are you a public engagement professional wanting to take your engagement skills to the next level? Are you committed to bringing your engagement designs to life with stronger facilitation skills? Wanting to know how to engage with the under-engaged – maybe, even the angry crowd? Are you facilitating internal meetings? If so, we have an exciting skillbuilding learning opportunity for you.
Many individuals who are responsible for planning and implementing engagements on behalf of their organizations are asked to facilitate them as well. Facilitation skills, however, are very different from engagement planning and design skills – and they are absolutely critical to the success of engagement initiatives. This course is also relevant to anyone who has to facilitate internal or external meetings.
What will I learn?
This interactive workshop provides everything you need to know to build your facilitation skills. It offers an in-depth view into the foundations of facilitation, with special focus on the challenge of being the decision maker and the facilitator, through the lens of public engagement.
Lesson topics include:
- Course Overview – What is Facilitation? Values and Code of Ethics
- Proponent as Facilitator – Managing the Challenge: Content and Process Roles
- Before the Meeting – Planning for Success
- Rapport Through Values – Creating Positive Space for Understanding and Collaboration
- Managing Conflict – What Conflict?
- Building Consensus – Understanding Group Dynamics, Values and Common Ground
- Managing Engagement Projects – Decision Process Mapping and Task Management
- Facilitating with Cultural Intelligence – Cultural Safety and Inclusion
- Reflection and Improvement – On Being a Reflective Practitioner and Life-Long Learner
- Facilitation Techniques – Methods and Models: Part Art, Part Science
And, newly added to support facilitating virtual engagements and meetings:
• Planning for Virtual Facilitation – Best Practices and Confidence Building
• Virtual Roles and Responsibilities
• Virtual Dos and Don’ts
• Virtual Facilitation Techniques – Best of the Best
• Supporting Participants in the Virtual Setting
• Equity, Inclusion and Cultural Safety in the Virtual Setting
• Virtual Facilitation Evaluation – Best Practices
What does it cost?
The tuition fee for this course is $795 + applicable HST/GST. All course materials are provided, including a course manual (hard copy or pdf).
What participants say about our Facilitating Engagement course…
Great insight on leading facilitation sessions, what works and doesn’t. Makes you aware of aspects to consider to make participants communicate.
A very engaging learning environment. I felt comfortable and well supported throughout the course.
This course was a lovely addition to my facilitation toolkit and a must for anyone wanting to deepen their skills and approach to facilitation. It highlighted an authentic, empathetic yet very effective approach. It also gave me some excellent tangible tools to use, and techniques to practice moving forward.
Jessica facilitated an engaging, informative and fun workshop. She showed many relevant examples and I will definitely incorporate what I’ve learned in not just my work life, but my personal life as well.
Thank you! This was one of the best trainings I’ve been part of.
This course was very informative and engaging! The facilitator was amazing – knowledgeable and present.
An interactive workshop with signature content, it will suit to all levels of engagement practitioners, those who have just started and those who already gained confidence in this field.
Every Delaney training I have attended has provided thorough, interactive and relevant content delivered at just the right pace.
The workshop will be incredibly beneficial in helping me professionally and personally.
Excellent workshop providing practical tools that can be immediately integrated in your engagement needs.