Facilitating Engagement Virtual Academy
NEW: Virtual Academy – November 30 – December 3, 2020
This workshop is one of our most popular workshops, especially with our iap2 Foundations participants. Participants take this training to further their public participation skills – notably to facilitate their sophisticated engagement designs.
We are excited to announce our first Facilitating Engagement Virtual Academy – November 30 – December 3, 2020.
Facilitating Engagement is a very interactive, skill-building opportunity that helps P2 practitioners build and strengthen their facilitation skills, in order to ensure effective community and stakeholder engagements.
We are pleased to offer the online Facilitating Engagement workshop in the following format:
Express Academy – 12 hours completed over four consecutive days (Monday – Thursday)
- A three-hour trainer-led session Monday to Thursday, for one week
- Self-directed online assignments in between sessions
- 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time (a break is provided)
Our Academies include a one-hour mandatory technology coaching session before the course start date.
Why is the course important?
Many individuals who are responsible for planning and implementing engagements on behalf of their organizations are asked to facilitate them as well. Facilitation skills, however, are very different from engagement planning and design skills – and they are absolutely critical to the success of engagement initiatives. This course is also relevant to anyone who has to facilitate internal or external meetings.
What will I learn?
This workshop deals with the challenges of being the decision-maker and facilitator. Topics include:
- Understanding the conflicting roles of being decision-maker (content expert) and facilitator (process expert)
- Establishing process authority, in order to get things done
- Planning for success (setting objectives and developing detailed agendas)
- Building rapport and creating a positive space for understanding and collaboration
- Defining, anticipating and managing perceptual risk, conflict, and even outrage
- Managing the process for collaboration and decision-making
- Using strategies to deal with difficult situations and high emotions
- Understanding and using group dynamics as a facilitation tool
- Supporting deliberation and consensus building
- Adding to your facilitator’s toolkit several facilitation techniques you can adapt, or improvise, to suit your situation
- Managing engagement projects (mapping the decision, identifying opportunities and risks, and managing the work)
- Facilitating with cultural intelligence (includes the role of cultural safety)
- Being a reflective practitioner and developing strategies for continuous growth
What does it cost?
The tuition fee for this course is $795 + applicable HST/GST. All course materials are provided, including a course manual (hard copy or pdf).
What participants say about our Facilitating Engagement course…
Jessica facilitated an engaging, informative and fun workshop. She showed many relevant examples and I will definitely incorporate what I’ve learned in not just my work life, but my personal life as well.
Thank you! This was one of the best trainings I’ve been part of.
This course was very informative and engaging! The facilitator was amazing – knowledgeable and present.
An interactive workshop with signature content, it will suit to all levels of engagement practitioners, those who have just started and those who already gained confidence in this field.
Every Delaney training I have attended has provided thorough, interactive and relevant content delivered at just the right pace.
The workshop will be incredibly beneficial in helping me professionally and personally.
Excellent workshop providing practical tools that can be immediately integrated in your engagement needs.
This has been the most valuable C.E. course I have taken in my career to date. The facilitation was authentic and a gold standard to strive to in my own practice, and the tangible take-aways from this workshop are what really sets it apart. I look forward to opportunities to participate in future Delaney + Associates (training).
The course content and tools were very helpful in developing a process for group work. The facilitators were amazing at keeping us engaged and on time.
Thanks again. Perfect complement to the iap2 Foundations course. Was a pleasure learning from you. Merci.
This course was a useful tool to enhance my facilitator skills when leading project teams. I left this course feeling empowered and more confident in leading groups toward meaningful decision-making.
Extremely knowledgeable presenter, greatly appreciated the personal stories. Provided excellent opportunities for practicing facilitation. Appreciated the open dialogue about what those practicing could do well.