Facilitating Engagement Virtual Academy
Virtual Academy – April 26 – 29, 2021
This workshop is one of our most popular workshops, especially with our iap2 Foundations participants. Participants take this training to further their faciltiation skills – notably to facilitate their sophisticated engagement designs.
We are excited to announce our Facilitating Engagement Virtual Academy – April 26 – 29, 2021.
Facilitating Engagement is a very interactive, skill-building opportunity that helps P2 practitioners build and strengthen their facilitation skills, in order to ensure effective community and stakeholder engagements.
We are pleased to offer the online Facilitating Engagement workshop in the following format:
Express Academy – 12 hours completed over four consecutive days (Monday – Thursday)
- A three-hour trainer-led session Monday to Thursday, for one week
- Self-directed online assignments in between sessions
- 9:30a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Pacific Time; 12:30p.m. – 3:30p.m. Eastern Time (a break is provided)
This Virtual Academy includes a one-hour mandatory technology orientation session before the workshop start date.
Why is the course important?
Are you a public engagement professional wanting to take your engagement skills to the next level? Are you committed to bringing your engagement designs to life with stronger facilitation skills? Wanting to know how to engage with the under-engaged – maybe, even the angry crowd? Are you facilitating internal meetings? If so, we have an exciting skillbuilding learning opportunity for you.
Many individuals who are responsible for planning and implementing engagements on behalf of their organizations are asked to facilitate them as well. Facilitation skills, however, are very different from engagement planning and design skills – and they are absolutely critical to the success of engagement initiatives. This course is also relevant to anyone who has to facilitate internal or external meetings.
What will I learn?
This interactive workshop provides everything you need to know to build your facilitation skills. It offers an in-depth view into the foundations of facilitation, with special focus on the challenge of being the decision maker and the facilitator, through the lens of public engagement.
Lesson topics include:
- Course Overview – What is Facilitation? Values and Code of Ethics
- Proponent as Facilitator – Managing the Challenge: Content and Process Roles
- Before the Meeting – Planning for Success
- Rapport Through Values – Creating Positive Space for Understanding and Collaboration
- Managing Conflict – What Conflict?
- Building Consensus – Understanding Group Dynamics, Values and Common Ground
- Managing Engagement Projects – Decision Process Mapping and Task Management
- Facilitating with Cultural Intelligence – Cultural Safety and Inclusion
- Reflection and Improvement – On Being a Reflective Practitioner and Life-Long Learner
- Facilitation Techniques – Methods and Models: Part Art, Part Science
And, newly added to support facilitating virtual engagements and meetings:
• Planning for Virtual Facilitation – Best Practices and Confidence Building
• Virtual Roles and Responsibilities
• Virtual Dos and Don’ts
• Virtual Facilitation Techniques – Best of the Best
• Supporting Participants in the Virtual Setting
• Equity, Inclusion and Cultural Safety in the Virtual Setting
• Virtual Facilitation Evaluation – Best Practices
What does it cost?
The tuition fee for this course is $795 + applicable HST/GST. All course materials are provided, including a course manual (hard copy or pdf).
What participants say about our Facilitating Engagement course…
Jessica facilitated an engaging, informative and fun workshop. She showed many relevant examples and I will definitely incorporate what I’ve learned in not just my work life, but my personal life as well.
Thank you! This was one of the best trainings I’ve been part of.
This course was very informative and engaging! The facilitator was amazing – knowledgeable and present.
An interactive workshop with signature content, it will suit to all levels of engagement practitioners, those who have just started and those who already gained confidence in this field.
Every Delaney training I have attended has provided thorough, interactive and relevant content delivered at just the right pace.
The workshop will be incredibly beneficial in helping me professionally and personally.
Excellent workshop providing practical tools that can be immediately integrated in your engagement needs.
This has been the most valuable C.E. course I have taken in my career to date. The facilitation was authentic and a gold standard to strive to in my own practice, and the tangible take-aways from this workshop are what really sets it apart. I look forward to opportunities to participate in future Delaney + Associates (training).
The course content and tools were very helpful in developing a process for group work. The facilitators were amazing at keeping us engaged and on time.
Thanks again. Perfect complement to the iap2 Foundations course. Was a pleasure learning from you. Merci.
This course was a useful tool to enhance my facilitator skills when leading project teams. I left this course feeling empowered and more confident in leading groups toward meaningful decision-making.
Extremely knowledgeable presenter, greatly appreciated the personal stories. Provided excellent opportunities for practicing facilitation. Appreciated the open dialogue about what those practicing could do well.