The Delaney IAP2 Techniques Virtual Academy develops awareness, knowledge and skill in public participation by providing you with the following:
- An overview of a range of techniques that are effective in public participation, with a focus on several that are of most interest to participants – build skills in using P2 techniques.
- A four-step process that facilitates technique(s) selection to support your planned P2 objectives, plus addresses the needs of the publics, the decision-maker and the decision. You will build skills and acquire tools to design objective-driven engagements.
- Case studies and practical, interactive exercises, with opportunities to discuss and apply best practices in a variety of small- and whole-group settings to suit your learning needs. We will support skill development and build practitioner confidence.
- Self-directed online learning – supplement the course material to suit your interests.
- Coaching and feedback opportunities – encourage analysis and self-reflection for ongoing professional growth and skill enhancement.
- A positive, dynamic virtual learning environment – enjoy and learn in a collegial environment that supports full engagement by trainers and participants alike.
If your role requires you to design and plan engagements, this course is for you. You will leave more informed and well prepared to select, plan, and activate engagement techniques to bring your engagements to life!
This course is delivered through two mediums: group Zoom webinars and self-directed online learning. There are four live webinars, for a total of 12 hours of facilitated training. The online content aims to supplement learning and to provide background materials prior to the Zoom calls. We anticipate the online learning component will be no more than 20 – 30 minutes before each live webinar.