Understanding Conflict in P2 / Engagement
The aim of Understanding Conflict in P2 / Engagement is to help you understand, and more efficiently manage, conflicting dynamics. This course explores conflict dimensions, tools for anticipation and mitigation, understanding conflict sources and impacts, the role of power and much more.
- Explore a range of approaches for responding to difficult situations and challenging behaviours
- Practice ways to respond to difficult situations
- Explore the five dimensions of engagement conflict and ways and tools to anticipate and/or
mitigate factors that might give rise to conflict
- Understand the sources, types and factors that contribute to conflict in P2/engagement and the impact they may have on the process
- Understand the role of power and influence in engagement practice
- Understand and identify the cycle of escalation and the behaviours, attitudes and actions that are evident as conflict increases
- Contribute to and/or apply strategies to de-escalate challenging situations
- Identify how to build effective relationships and partnerships through empathy, active listening, respect and trust
- Learn approaches to work in challenging situations applying behaviours that build trust and credibility
- Consider the role of integrity and ethics in the conduct of the P2/engagement practitioner and how that is upheld in the process.
People facing conflict in their engagement practices.
This is a 6-hour, trainer led course over two consecutive days. This is a highly interactive and skilled based program. Each daily session runs from 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Pacific Time. / 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
$395.00 + applicable tax
- 2024 DATES
2 sessions of 3 hours (6 hours)
- April 29 and 30, 2024 @ 9:30 am – 12:30 pm PT / 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm ET