Designing Engagement Surveys
This 16-hour online, trainer-facilitated course is a must for professionals who collect information through surveys or polls, or for those who develop questionnaires in support of online, telephone or in-person interviews or focus groups. Participants learn about the conceptual underpinnings of how to design and develop questions for effective information collection, when and how to use this powerful technique and when not to. Participants use their own survey projects to apply their new knowledge, plus use proven industry best practices and DELANEY survey design tools to refine and perfect their survey initiatives. At the end of this course, participants will have the knowledge, skills, and tools to support end-to-end information collection instruments using this technique.
Deepen your knowledge and refine your skills with a focused look at how to design and develop surveys for effective information collection.
There is no pre-requisite, though familiarity with data collection best practices would be an asset. This course will be of most benefit to developing or advanced engagement professionals.
- Engagement objectives and surveys
- When to use surveys and when not to
- Surveys with other engagement methods
- Engagement data to support surveys
- Privacy requirements and considerations
- Design considerations for survey questions
- Survey question categories, types and formats
- Scoping, sampling, and representativeness
- Organizing, compiling, and analyzing input
- Reporting results
- Supervising staff and contractors for survey work
Our Participants Say…
Delaney’s Engagement Surveys course was perfect for our organization. Lots of smart, practical information we could apply immediately, conveyed by seasoned pros in a thoughtful, fun way that made us all eager to put what we’d learned to use. I highly recommend this excellent course.