Our Specialties: Local and Provincial Government
Municipal and regional governments across Canada are tapping into a huge, valuable resource – their citizens – with increasing frequency and vigour.
Community engagement is a powerful tool that can be harnessed to help governments make durable decisions, particularly when there are complex decisions to be made.
Community engagement has become the norm and expectation for many communities.
Engage Delaney helps local government clients design and deliver engagement processes, develop implementation guides and tools for engagement, and increase organizational capacity to build a culture of consultation. We have worked on hundreds of local government engagement projects – large and small – over the last 20 years.
What does this type of work look like?
Some of our recent projects include:
- Consultation on major bridge retrofits
- Developing custom engagement policy, procedures and tools
- Engagement to develop a future vision for a specific city area
- Engagement to support strategic planning for libraries and recreation services
- Delivering custom training programs for various jurisdictions including Regina, Squamish, Guelph, Halifax and many others