We are hiring!
Learning and Communications Coordinator
Join our dynamic team in a dual role that lets your passion for learning and communication shine!
As the Learning and Communications Coordinator, you’ll lead virtual training, immerse yourself in online content creation, and be a pivotal link between trainers, participants, and the wider online community. Dive into stimulating projects, from moderating forums to curating social media content.
We’re searching for someone with 2-3 years of experience, a mastery of Zoom and Microsoft Office, and impeccable writing ability. If you’re a self-starter with a dash of creativity—perhaps even some design know-how—and you’re situated in British Columbia’s Lower Mainland, this is your chance. You will work with Canada’s premier engagement firm and be a part of a close-knit team pioneering the future of learning and engagement.
If you are interested, please submit your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment Type – Full-time (37.5hrs)
DELANEY, the engagement people, in Western Canada
Engage Delaney, is a family-owned and operated consultancy that provides four primary services: communications planning and support; engagement, facilitation, and public participation training. Delaney has offices in Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary, and Ottawa and specializes in engagement and communication projects in the municipal government, housing, health, education, and environment sectors.
Reporting to the Director, Engagement and Communications, this position includes the following areas of work:
Training Support and Content Development
- Lead producer role for all virtual training courses responsible for:
- Ensuring the trainer is well supported in their ability to deliver online courses. Preparing course materials in advance of training delivery (Google Docs, slides, Jamboards and collaboration tools, and other materials as required).
- Supporting the Training Specialist as required; for example, sending calendar invitations, directing registration questions, and providing various survey links (Terms and Conditions, post-course evaluations) to participants.
- Supporting participants by troubleshooting during and after courses to ensure participants have an optimal learning experience.
- Supporting the design and development of training materials as directed.
- Managing and updating digital training files as required.
- Moderating training sites and discussion forums.
- Providing support and sharing oversight of website and social media updates.
Engagement and Communications Project and Administration Support
- Perform and manage administrative tasks, including scheduling meetings, managing meeting requests, preparing agendas, and notetaking.
- Support project teams by producing virtual engagement sessions such as workshops, focus groups, and information sessions.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, presentations, and other project-related materials and documents, as needed.
- Supporting with engagement tracking and recording, including developing Excel spreadsheets and registration/attendance tracking.
- Support implementation of communications and engagement programs, including communications development and analysis.
- Support the development of proposal outlines and frameworks.
- Additional assignments may include special projects.
Experience and Qualifications
Preferred experience and qualifications include:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience and qualifications, ideally in an administrative, engagement, communications, and/or education or training role.
- Extensive experience with video conferencing platforms, Zoom in particular.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong writing and editing skills and comfort working across media, including web, email, social, and print.
- Experience writing and developing communication materials, including slide decks, promotional posters, and social media content.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated and collaborative attitude with the ability to think and execute quickly while working as part of a high-functioning, close-knit team.
Is this you?
We are looking for a team player who is passionate about community engagement, learning and technology. We need someone who is organized, proactive, and tech savvy. You are happy to support a variety of different people and projects and bring a problem-solving, can-do attitude to work. You’ve got loads of common sense which looks like knowing when to ask questions and when to use your own problem-solving skills. Ideally, you are located in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia. We work primarily virtually, so are open to other locations, however, in-person engagement opportunities require flexibility as some evening and weekend engagements should be anticipated. Working primarily in BC, the Engagement and Communications Coordinator position is an ideal opportunity for someone passionate about engagement and how wants to learn from one of Canada’s leading engagement firms and launch a career in the field.
To apply to send your cover letter and CV to Kristi@rmdelaney.com.
Position is open until filled; however, we are hoping to fill it in the next month.