Interested applicants are encouraged to send a resume and cover letter to: jessica at rmdelaney.com
Closing date: September 10, 2021
Specialist, Engagement + Communications
DELANEY, the engagement people, in Western Canada
Employment Type – Full-time (37.5hrs)
This role is responsible for engagement projects and will involve:
- managing the day-to-day aspects of engagement projects in a range of sectors (e.g. health, municipal government, education, environment) and of various sizes.
- coordinating and collaborating with other Delaney team members to help manage assigned projects and support one another.
- contributing to the engagement practice by demonstrating innovative approaches to engagement, and documenting and sharing lessons learned.
- supporting training activities with online producing.
- contributing to research, development and delivery of training initiatives.
The successful candidate will liaise directly with clients, coordinate engagement and communication projects from start to finish, and support other related engagement and communication work. Core responsibilities will include: building client relations; conducting project needs analysis; project and budget management; supporting implementation of engagement and communication plans; designing, organizing and facilitating engagement events; developing communication products; collecting, inputting and analyzing data; and, writing and producing reports. Responsibilities will also include supporting engagement training as required.
The ideal candidate is passionate about community engagement and willing to devote their professional knowledge and skills to authentic engagement; in addition:
- They have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrate the highest level of emotional intelligence.
- They are organized and have a keen attention to detail.
- They are result-oriented, self-starters who can get things done on their own once provided with clear directions and timelines.
- They balance an independent spirit with an ability to work efficiently as part of a team.
- They are a problem solver and bring a “get’er done” attitude to projects large and small.
- Travel and some evenings and weekend work is understood to be part of the business of engaging people where they are.
Level of Responsibility
This is a mid-level position.
Location of Work
This position is a work-from-home position and we are open to candidates in Western Canada.
Required Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in an applicable field, including research, public policy, education and communications
- Formal communication and / or facilitation training and experience
- 3-5 years’ professional experience in engagement, including experience in a consulting environment and experience working in a range of sectors
- Experience with project management, including managing budgets
- Reliable, innovative problem-solving, solutions oriented and commitment to task with an eye for detail and good sense of judgement in managing client and stakeholder relations
- Well-organized with strong ability to prioritize assignments and manage workload proactively
- Must be able to work independently
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, including empathetic listening, strategic questioning, discretion and public-speaking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with English fluency
- Strong writing skills for clear and accurate communication
- Advanced skill with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and proficient with Zoom functionality.
You must be a values-driven person who can talk to and learn something from just about anyone.
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Deep experience in community engagement, including demonstrated experience working with high emotion in the engagement setting
- Experience with survey design, research and a variety of qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills
- Employment or experience as a consultant in municipal government, health care and education sectors and/or private sector experience
- Ability to design and facilitate online engagement using a variety of platforms
- Experience using Sharepoint
- Fluency in a second language
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff
- Social media competency
About DELANEY, the engagement people
DELANEY is a family business. We believe our team is our most important asset and we want others to share in our professional success and personal satisfaction. If you like routine, always knowing what the day will hold, this is not the job for you. If, however, you thrive in a dynamic, people-centred environment we’d love to meet for a cup of tea!
700 – 838 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC, V6C OA6, Canada
Closing date: September 10, 2021