IAP2 Designing P2
Designing P2/Engagement is a Level 2 course that introduces practitioners to the design and plan phases of the planning framework (practice framework), providing them with the opportunity to develop P2(public participation)/engagement plans. This includes decision-process mapping; engagement scoping; community mapping; determining purpose and objectives and levels of influence (iap2 spectrum of public participation); choosing appropriate tools, techniques, and activities (methods) and managing resources, while considering the needs of diverse audiences.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
Design an engagement process and plan for a real-world scenario, including:
- Plan a clear scope of the work, problem or opportunity with identified negotiables and non-negotiables
- Conduct detailed stakeholder analysis, community mapping and equity analysis
- Identify appropriate roles and levels of influence for key players
- Establish clear engagement purpose and objectives and success criteria/measures to suit the scenario
- Identify relevant profiles of engagement
- Conduct a detailed risk/opportunities analysis
- Choose and sequence appropriate methods (in-person and digital) and identify communication tactics to suit the scenario
- Identify key roles for senior leaders and decision makers
- Explore principles and approaches for equity, diversity and inclusion and apply them to stakeholder analysis
- Embed digital strategies, platforms, and methods as part of the plan and process
- Develop an evaluation framework to suit the scenario
- Identify key roles and resources needed to implement the P2/engagement plan
- Develop and apply a suitable pitch to senior leaders that will secure commitment and resources for the P2/engagement plan
- Identify the many different contexts of engagement including the elements present in more complex engagement scenarios
- Participants who have completed Fundamentals of P2/Engagement
- Participants who will be involved in the design and planning of P2/engagement processes
This is a 12-hour, trainer-led Delaney Virtual Academy. Zoom and Google Suites (digital workbook provided at course end) are used, in addition to other applications, to make this a highly interactive and skills-based session. There are four, three-hour sessions over four consecutive days. Each daily session runs 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Pacific Time; 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
Fundamentals of P2/Engagement
$795.00 + applicable tax
- IAP2 Designing P2/Engagement Schedule – 2023
- March 13 – 16 (Monday – Thursday) – four, three-hour sessions
9:30am – 12:30pm PT/12:30pm – 3:30pm ET
- June 5, 6, 7, and 8 – 9:30 am – 12:30 pm PT / 12:30 – 3:30 pm ET
Our Participants Say…
My master class – authentic, thoughtful, fun and well-paced – this was a great use of my time. My communications and engagement tool kit runneth over!
Excellent, informative sessions that really hone in methods and strategies for improving engagement, managing risks and improving your ability to communicate with your audience overall.
This course has given me the foundation to build more meaningful and valuable communication products to support future engagement projects.
This course sets a solid foundation for building out a communications plan that will lead to successful engagement – a must for any organization committed to meaningful and authentic engagement with their communities.
Jessica created a supportive environment for the group to look at how we communicate. I appreciated the open conversation. Words have always held value for me and being able to take a critical (but kind!) look at where I might be able to improve was so helpful.
This workshop was fantastic. I considered myself to be an effective communicator, knowledgeable about how to meaningfully engage. This workshop helped me realize I have much more to learn. I now have new ideas about how to more fully integrate patients’ and families’ lives experiences into our planning and decision-making.