Foundations for Authentic Engagement
If you want to understand the full circle of engagement – in one practical, skill-based course – this is the course for you. This foundational course gives participants all they need to support authentic and compelling engagement by looking at engagement concepts and principles; needs analysis; the planning cycle, engagement design; recruitment; facilitating engagement; analysis and reporting; and evaluation.
This 15-hour online, trainer-facilitated course is a must for professionals who want to strengthen their understanding and application of engagement best practices. This course supports individuals – whether they are staff or consultants, do engagement every day or only periodically – who have functional responsibilities to design, plan, implement and evaluate engagement initiatives. Graduate students with an interest in exploring engagement as a career mission are welcome to participate. At the end of this course, participants will have the knowledge, skills, tools, and motivation to support the full circle of authentic and meaningful engagement – from needs analysis and planning to reporting and evaluation.
This course builds the knowledge and skill foundation for effective engagement and will be of most benefit to emerging or developing engagement professionals. Advanced professionals will benefit also by reviewing the full circle of engagement, new approaches and emerging best practices.
- What is engagement and what is it not?
- Engagement spectrums, policies, and frameworks
- The decision statement
- Drafting meaningful engagement objectives
- Participant identification and recruitment
- Exploring a range of powerful engagement techniques (objective-based design) including those for engagement in the virtual setting
- Facilitating focused and productive conversations
- Strategies for helping people manage high emotions in public meetings
- Documenting and analyzing engagement results
- Evaluating engagement for continuous improvement