We are excited to announce that Delaney + Associates has an opening for an Engagement and Communications Specialist. We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter who is excited about public engagement and ready to join a team of like-minded engagement enthusiasts.
The position reports to: Communications and Engagement Principal, Senior Associate (Jessica Delaney)
Location: Delaney & Associates, Vancouver Office
Job Purpose: Engagement planning, communications, facilitation and reporting
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Project Work – Engagement and Communications (~60-70% of your time)
- Travel throughout the lower mainland to provide onsite operational and facilitation support to a variety of engagement activities
- Develop and implement engagement and communications plans, with assistance from the team
- Additional responsibilities as assigned (e.g. assist with training logistics, note taking, report writing)
Communications, Marketing and Liaison (~30-40% of your time)
- Update communications and marketing strategy and develop associated work plan for implementation
- Implement the communications and marketing plan, including reporting on metrics and overall effectiveness
- Develop and maintain web and social media content as outlined in the communications and marketing plan
- Coordinate all corporate/brand elements including the style guide, fonts, logos, ads and creative materials
- Assist with the writing of proposals (responses to RFPs)
- Support the development of newsletters, website copy and other marketing and outreach materials as required.
This position is located in Vancouver, BC. Evening and weekend work will be required. Occasional travel outside the lower mainland will be required.
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong engagement experience consistent with IAP2 Values and best practices
- Experience in facilitation and running effective meetings consistent with IAF Ethics
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Effective interviewing and web-based research skills
- Experience with a variety of social media platforms and web tools
- Higher than average online / social media knowledge and skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgement at all times
- Sophisticated interpersonal skills
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- High degree of organizational abilities
- Ability to add value within a team environment
- Positive, service-oriented attitude, coupled with strong problem solving abilities.
To apply for the position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 30. Thank you for your interest!