Upcoming IAP2 Courses
The IAP2 Foundations in Effective Public Participation course includes two modules: Planning for Effective Public Participation, a three-day course that is the prerequisite for the two-day Techniques for Effective Public Participation.
|Dawson Creek, B.C.||11 – 13 October, 2017||8 – 9 November, 2017|
|Calgary||23 – 25 October, 2017||26 – 27 October, 2017|
|Toronto||20 – 22 November, 2017||23 – 24 November, 2017|
|Calgary||5 – 7 March, 2018||8 – 9 March, 2018|
|Toronto||9 – 11 April, 2018||12 – 13 April, 2018|
|Vancouver||28 – 30 May, 2018||31 May – 1 June, 2018|
|Kelowna||24 – 26 September, 2018||27 – 28 September, 2018|
|Vancouver||15 – 17 October, 2018||18 – 19 October, 2018|
|Calgary||29 – 31 October, 2018||1 – 2 November, 2018|
|Toronto||26 – 28 November, 2018||29 – 30 November, 2018|
About our IAP2 Training
Delaney + Associates is highly regarded and much sought out for its International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) training.
We offer the IAP2 five-day Foundations in Effective Public Participation program several times a year, in Calgary, Toronto, Vancouver and other Canadian cities. Organizational and hosted Foundations programs are also available.
Based on what is widely recognized as the international gold standard in engagement planning – a rigorous, five-step planning process – the IAP2 Foundations program is must-have training for practitioners and novices alike, and a requirement for those interested in professional public participation certification.
Learn from our highly-experienced and talented trainers. Take the prerequisite three-day Planning for Effective Public Participation module on its own and follow up with the two-day Techniques for Effective Public Participation module at a later time, or take the two modules as back-to-back training. Either way, this training provides opportunities for immediate and practical on-the-job application.
Please call Valerie or Brenda at 613-837-5890 for inquiries and assistance.
Why take the IAP2 Foundations Program?
- Participate in a learner-focused, updated and practitioner-reviewed training program that sets the standard for planning effective public participation.
- Learn how and why to use state-of-the art public participation processes, tools and techniques.
- Receive an internationally recognized certificate that can lead to professional certification in public participation.
Why Delaney + Associates?
- Learn from our experienced and talented trainers. They pride themselves on creating a dynamic and positive learning environment, in which to share their 30+ years of P2 experience and draw upon the broad experience of the group.
- Start your learner’s journey even before the course begins. We use web-based tools prior to a course to share readings, begin conversations and confirm learning objectives.
- Our alumni of 2000+ form our online community of practice. We provide follow-up coaching also, as part of our commitment to build P2 capacity in Canada.
Who should take the course?
- Relative beginners currently working in the field of citizen engagement, public involvement, or stakeholder relations
- Seasoned professionals interested in refreshing or enhancing their understanding of public participation
- Individuals in any level of government, the private sector, or a not-for-profit organization, where public participation plays a role
What will I learn?
- Use industry-standard tools and principles to design and manage public participation
- Set clear, shared objectives for effective participation
- Manage the full scope of planning needed for effective participation
- Select the appropriate level of engagement and matching techniques
- Develop a public participation plan
- Be able to communicate effectively for meaningful participation
- Identify appropriate evaluation tools to measure the effectiveness of public participation programs